Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday evening

I got home later this evening so didn't get my run in until after 2030. I ran on the road since it was after dark. It was a beautiful evening to be out running, a little breezy, but not bad with an air temperature just above 50F. I ran week 3, day 3 of the 10K Runner plan (it's setup to be run 3 days a week) with just 1.5 minutes of extra running thrown in for good measure. The actual total time running with walks dispersed in between was 11.5 minutes. The total time out-30:20.

In order to increase the calorie & fat burning on my runs as well as reduce the generation of lactic acid, I'm working on keeping my maximum heart rate while running somewhere in between 135 & 150 BPM. During the walks my HR quite naturally drops to between 125 & 130 BPM. In order to keep the max down below 150, I slowed my pace down some while maintaining a cadence of around 180.

The slower pace meant only covering 2.3 miles in that 30:20 for an average mile pace of 13:10 including the 5m of warm-up & 3.5m of cool down.

I'm not having any knee, leg, ankle, or foot problems with my running. Everything feels pretty good overall. Not bad for a person that is getting awful close to 50 & is overweight.

Looking forward to my next run...

No comments:

Post a Comment