Saturday, November 5, 2011

Back on the road in my Bikila's

It was another beautiful evening to go running again with clear skies and about 48F. I hit the bike trail this time since I was able to get my run in while it was still light and I'm looking forward to the time change since I'll have more opportunities to get runs in while it's still light.

I did about 3 miles in 37:14 , or about 12 1/2 minutes a mile (including the warm-up walk). The plan called for today's run to include about 14 minutes of actual running. As it tunred out, by the halfway mark I still felt pretty good so I put in more running and less walking in the second half, & ran a total of 23 munites. I can definitely tell that I'm making progress towards some much longer runs. The maximum HR I saw on my HR monitor was 145, so I think my body is getting more efficient at this running which is making it easier to keep my HR in the desired target range.

Now for 2 days of rest for the ol' bod.

No comments:

Post a Comment