Wednesday, January 9, 2013

At it again!

Here it is, January of 2013! I didn't get to do much running at all in 2012. In February of last year, I sprained my ankle pretty severely & it took some time before the Doc would even approve exercise walking on it. When she did, I began doing some pretty vigorous walking on it to prepare for my fall fit test (which I passed, with the walk, as I was exempted from the run) with just a little running mixed in to see how the foot & ankle would do. It did OK, but still had me concerned about whether it was healing right or not, so I waited to really get back into running.

Since my next fit test is coming up in March, it was time to start running again this month, so, the first week in January I began a 9 week Couch to 5k running plan. Today was week 2, day 2. So far, so good. Next entry I'll tell more about it.

On my way to half marathon in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment